Wednesday, February 7, 2007

A mission for Mom.

Hi Mom, i wonder if you can help us with something. Our guide Shirley has been so wonderful through this trip. She really cares for us and our baby! She has a kind heart. She talks to Hailey often in Chinese and reassures her that we are her family and love her very much. She has taken us to the hospital, gotten us medicine, phone cards, you name it. We have really connected with her and would like to do something more for her.

I was talking to Shirley today about the book i read on Chinese adoption- "Wanting a daughter, but Needing a Son" (not sure if this is exactly right, but close". She had not heard of the book and i said that i would send her a copy. If you could get one and send it to me in Bejing by Fedex it would be most appreciated. We are at the International Hotel- i sent you the contact info before leaving. Also, Alex and I were talking about a Roots Canada sweatshirt for her (small), and one for her daughter (i will confirm the age, but i think 6 yrs).

Thanks Mom, you rock. Love Jason, Alex and Hailey.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

Ni-how, I ordered the book right away and it should ship within 24 hours. I will pick up the sweatshirts as soon as you post sizing for the child but when you do that can you let me know colour preference (red for Canada?) and I will go right away to get them.

As soon as I have all the items I will ship but do you think you should get Shirley's home address for shipping just in case the package arrives after you're gone or is that a concern? You could just write her a thank you card when you leave and she could stick it in the front of the book once it arrives. Your call.

Hope you are all feeling better today; if you keep busy the time passes and it sounds like you are incredibly busy! More pics?

Please tell Kirk & Debbie and the Carmody's how much I am enjoying their blogs too.

Only 8 days to go and hopefully Hailey didn't have a criminal record to detain you (ha-ha)!

Keep the updates coming, we get concerned when nothing is new.

Wha-i-ni, Mom (aka Grandma)

Paula Stewart said...

What a great Mom/Grandma!

Grandma said...

Ni-how again, I did some checking and the cost of couriering the parcel will be more than the cost of the goods and it may take 4 to 7 business days. This will mean that it will arrive after you leave for home. If I get the sizing of the sweatshirts and the book tomorrow I can get it out Friday but that doesn't leave a lot of time for it to get to you.
Please let me know how you want to proceed.

I hope the sun is shining and the sky is blue tomorrow for your visit to the orphanage.

Wha-i-ni, Mom (aka Grandma)