Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Jetlag.... ug.

It has been a difficult few days back. Monkey and us have been really affected. She wants to be up all night and sleep all day. Even when we keep her up all day, she still wants to be up at night. We are getting next to no sleep.

We have had many surprises in the form of help and welcome. People must really love us (i dont know why). Elaine and Angelo had shoveled our walk and salted, looked after the cats, etc. Robyn S. looked in on our cats. Lynda cleaned our home, grocery shopped, prepared food, looked after Cyber for the whole China trip. Dad cleaned our truck and fixed it, brought it to the airport to pick us up. Mom got our Shirley package together. Dagmar fedexed our package to China. Dagmar sent flowers to us and flowers to Hailey on friday to welcome us back. Elaine and Angelo cooked us dinner upon arrival on thursday. Mom came to live with us for days upon return and help us with Jetlag. Lynda has lived with us for days after Mom went home. Alex's boss sent us a gift card and called on friday to welcome us home. Jump has been very understanding about the Jetlag and are being very understanding about letting me ease into work. And Paula!, put together an amazing scrapbook of our trip to China. It is beautiful and must have taken days of work to put together. Now we have a beautiful book to show people of our trip!

We are sorry to the many people that have tried to reach out to us or are waiting for our call. We are really struggling with the Jetlag and it is really taking every ounce of energy just to get by at this stage. We will do better soon. Thanks for all the help, love and support.

God bless this beautiful baby i now call my daughter.

Love Jason, Alex and Hailey.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, sorry the jetlag is draining you. But, thanks for posting - it's great to finally read about and see the completion of this leg of your journey.

Wishing you all sleep!

xo
Tracey, Chris, River

Anonymous said...

Aw, sorry the jetlag is draining you. But, thanks for posting - it's great to finally read about and see the completion of this leg of your journey.

Wishing you all sleep!

xo
Tracey, Chris, River

Paula Stewart said...

I have tears in my eyes, I'm so glad that you have finally been able to post the rest of your journey (its like last chapter in the best book I ever read), and it means so much to me that you like the album I made for you. If its ok, I'd like to add the rest of your journey to it. If you have any other photos (besides on your blog) you'd like included, please let me know.

Love,
Paula

Robyn, James, Lauren, and Graham said...

Welcome home, guys! Can't wait to see all of you very soon. Hang in there...

Grandma said...

We are just happy to have you home safe & sound. The worst is almost over now, and you're on your way to beginning a "normal" (what's that?) family life together.

What a special little family to so many people - you are truly blessed as are we!

Hailey is a little doll and I am looking to sharing a lifetime of treasured moments with her.

Wha-i-ni all,

Jason, Alex + Hailey said...

Grandma, when are you coming to visit again?

Erin said...

I hope your bodies are getting back to eastern standard time so you can get some sleep. I think the flu is finally through the kids as Avery seems to have gotten rid of the last of her "pukey" this morning and ate a good lunch.
As soon as you want me, I'm up for some Auntie duty.
Can't wait to see you soon.
Love,
Erin
xoxo

Paula Stewart said...

I'd be happy to help out too!! I could come for an evening if you want to get out for some time alone - or if you want to have a nap. Really, I mean it. You know my email address. Or call me at work 416-364-1943. I understand if you're not ready to introduce the extended family just yet though.

Paula

Grandma said...

Just say the word and I am there, I already offered to come for another sleepover, help with some housework (during nap time, yours or Hailey's of course), cook you a nice dinner, take Hailey for a walk so you both could have a nap, any or all of the above. You know where to find me and I will come, I could come after work tomorrow (23rd)for a sleepover or Saturday too.

It is one week from 5:30 today that you brought precious little Hailey to Canada and I had so much fun playing with her and can't wait to play some more.

Wha-i-ni,

The Carmodys said...

Jason and Alex, you are blessed with some amazing family and friends!

Wow grandma, I can't believe it's been a week since we've all been home - that flew!!! It was nice to meet you at the airport. :)

Karen